By: Olivia Werenski ’17/ Champlain College News
Over the course of the summer, the Class of 2018 Facebook group for incoming students to Champlain has been jam packed with students bubbling with excitement regarding the upcoming school year, so we’ve decided to use it to our advantage. Our new Tell Us About Yourself(ie) series will be a weekly profile series of incoming first year students, leading up to the week of orientation and into the fall semester.
Orientation is now over, meaning anyone (staff, faculty, students of any grade level, ANYONE) can apply to get featured on this page. Directions are at the bottom of this posting.
This week’s featured selfie is Stephanie Johnson, a freshman Environmental Policy major from Yarmouth Port, Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
2. Name one food you absolutely can’t’ resist? – Raw peppers, my favorite go to snack
3. What’s the #1 most played song on your phone or iPhone? – Studio by ScHoolboy Q
4. Why did you pick Champlain? – I picked Champlain because its the perfect fit for studying Environmental! Another factor that influenced my decision for Champlain (besides location) is the major itself which just had their first graduating class this year.
5. What’s your phone wallpaper? – A collage from David Delruelle
6. What’s your netflix binge series? – Currently House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Bates Motel
7. How did you meet your best friend?– My best friend and I met each other in third grade being in the same class
8. What is your Heritage? – White African with three generations!
9. Name on item on your bucket list?– Going to Angola, Africa to see where my family came from
10. Describe your perfect pizza – I’d say thin crust greek pizza!
11. If you could dis-invent one thing what would it be and why ?– I’d say texting, because people have become so dependent on technology to communicate with one another that we’ve lost our ability to actually pick up a phone and call someone and actually talk to them, rather than just texting them
12. You’re given one million dollars, what would you spend it on?– I’d actually divide the million dollars and donate money towards breast cancer research and a children’s hospital
As always, if you’d like to be featured in an upcoming Tell Us About Yourself(ie), review the questions at http://news.champlain.edu/2014/08/04/tell-us-yourselfie-introduction/ , then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post the best answers!