By: Olivia Werenski ’17/ Champlain College News
Over the course of the summer, the Class of 2018 Facebook group for incoming students to Champlain has been jam packed with students bubbling with excitement regarding the upcoming school year, so we’ve decided to use it to our advantage. Our new Tell Us About Yourself(ie) series will be a weekly profile series of incoming first year students, leading up to the week of orientation and into the fall semester.
The first group of selected students were given a list of questions to choose from, ranging from personal questions to Champlain questions and selected their best answers and sent us an accompanying selfie (get it?)
Once the week of orientation is over, this series will become open to staff, faculty, upperclassman, and more!
This week’s participant is Taylor Jordan, a business administration major from Atlanta, Georgia.
1) What’s one food you can’t resist? – NUTELLA. Nuff said.
2) What’s something that drives you absolutely crazy? – The fact that people are scared of sharks, when in fact, they only kill around 5 people a year while 70 kids choke and die on hot dogs a year. Hot dogs are scarier. Watch out.
3) What’s your guilty pleasure? – I’m sure I can answer for almost every 18 year old: Netflix.
4) Walking downtown or driving downtown? – Well… Since I’ve never really driven in snow, I’d have to say walking, so I avoid the highly probable embarrassment of getting stuck.
5) What’s your Netflix binge series? – There’s so many, but my favorite was probably How I Met Your Mother.
6) Ski or snowboard? – Snow isn’t very common in Georgia, but I’ve tried snowboarding once and wiped out every 5 seconds. Since I haven’t tried skiing, I guess I’m obligated to pick snowboarding.
7) Favorite candy bar? – It’s kind of insane to be asked to pick one, so I’m rebelling by saying ALL! Haha
8) Apple or Android phone? – Apple. I like blue texting over green :p
9) Did you play on a sports team? – I played softball and tennis throughout high school and middle school. Go Scots!
10) What is your biggest phobia? – I don’t really know why, but I have a weird thing against eating onions. The thought of that makes me cringe.
If you’d like to be featured in an upcoming Tell Us About Yourself(ie), review the questions at http://news.champlain.edu/2014/08/04/tell-us-yourselfie-introduction/ , then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post the best answers!